WHERE EAGLES DARE TO...
Rethink - teaching | Lead - change | Personalize - learning | Release - learners | Impact- lives
At ICS, we look for highly experienced, qualified, progressive and collaborative international educators committed to ensuring that all students learn and engage at the highest level.
ICS Addis employs a continuous recruitment model to fill teaching assistant, support staff and temporary substitute teaching positions. Individuals interested in employment at ICS should CONTACT email@example.com for information and for the application process.
- What we look for in an employee
- What we offer
- Child Protection – Safe Recruitment Practices
- Living in Addis
- Recruiting Scams
We demand more from our students and we expect more from our teachers. All applicants must provide evidence of the following requirements:
- Teaching license or certification
- A minimum three years of full-time classroom teaching, preferably three to five years of international teaching experience
- BA/BSC or equivalent university degree
We also look for these attributes:
- A subject area degree and/or educational master’s degree or is interested in pursuing further education
- IB Diploma experience for specified high school positions
- Inquiry-based, constructivist approach to learning and teaching
- Integration of technology into curriculum
- Ability to differentiate for diverse learning needs
- Experience with standards-based curriculum mapping
We offer our international recruited faculty a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits include the following:
- Worldwide medical insurance, including wellness, dental and vision coverage
- Group life and disability insurance
- Furnished housing
- Annual home leave airfare allowance
- Tuition for approved school-aged children
- Retirement contribution
- Generous professional development allowance
- Shipping/settling in allowance at commencement and termination of employment
As part of our recruitment practices at our school, employees are required to possess and validate appropriate qualifications for all positions. For all potential hires, we communicate directly with previous references to ensure due diligence within the recruitment process. Once at school, ICS has a professional code of conduct, including Child Protection training that is reviewed with employees and signed annually.
Ethiopia is a dynamic and fast-growing country, with a fascinating culture, good food and great travel opportunities. ICS Addis is located in the Old Airport neighborhood of Addis Ababa, the capital city of Ethiopia, close to shops, spas, gyms and restaurants.
More information about living in Addis Ababa, with many useful contacts, tips and advice on topics from health, education and entertainment to shopping and history, is available HERE.
Unfortunately, there are recruiting scams.
Individuals/groups claim to be a reputable school (or assume the identity of an existing, reputable school) and ask teachers and/or administrators seeking overseas employment to send them money to assist in the payment of a work visa, interview or application fees, plane tickets, or other recruitment related costs. ICS will not ever ask an applicant for money or fees.
If you have been asked by an international school to send money to cover such costs, you are probably the target of an elaborate scam. Be aware that these fraudulent activities seem to becoming more frequent. Do not send money or pass on banking information to any school seeking professionals to come work with them. All international candidates are urged to be diligent in investigating potential schools during the recruiting process and prior to signing a contract. Use extreme caution if you have been asked for money or private information.