The Board of Governors is the body that governs the International Community School of Addis Ababa on behalf of the ICS Association (whose members are parents, professional staff and teaching assistants). All members of the Board have a responsibility and obligation to represent the best interests of students, parents and staff in setting the strategic objectives of the school in conjunction with the Head of School.
In supporting the mission and objectives of ICS, the Board provides strategic support in addition to governance oversight of the school performance. The operation and administration of the school are led by the Head of School and the school’s executive leadership team.
The Board has the following responsibilities as outlined in the ICS Statutes and Bylaws:
- To contribute to the development of the school’s strategy, to approve the strategic plans and the corresponding financial plans that support the school’s objectives, to monitor and ensure their implementation
- To manage the relationship between the School and the Parents Association by implementing policies that cover: governance, finance, assets, risk management, admissions, educational program, personnel, students and community
- To monitor and evaluate the Head of School’s performance
- To ensure the school is adequately financed to accomplish its goals and objectives
The Board is currently seeking candidates with a range of experience and capabilities that may include - but are not limited to - the following:
- Project management, general contracting, architectural design, civil engineering
- Governance, strategic planning, management
- International schools (as a parent, alum or former employee), and their unique opportunities and complexities