Explore Addis Ababa
New places and transitions can sometimes be difficult on everyone in the family. We hope we can help make the transition a little easier. ICS has a very active and engaged parent community, both in the classroom and at the many family and parent social events. Our two main parent groups which love new parents are the ICS Parent Community Link /PCL and our ICS Booster Club.
Here's a link to a great BBC article about the diversity of Ethiopia, HERE.
- ICS Addis Community Facebook Group - a group for ICS community members only (parents and employees); new parents with children entering ICS may join
- Events in Addis - what's happening
- LinkUp Addis- Events happening in Addis Ababa and around
- Expats in Addis Ababa- Connecing with expats living in Addis
- What's Happening in Addis on Facebook - great place to get answers to your questions
- Living in Addis - Facebook page for the excellent Living in Addis website
- Sell and Buy (Ethiopia) - where to sell and buy second-hand items.
- Buy and Sell Anything in Ethiopia - where to sell and buy second-hand items
- Listserv for questions on living in Ethiopia
- Google group Odds & Sods that gives updated listings of classifieds, inquiries, etc. Visit link to join group.
- Addis Map
- Addis map on open source. See ICS and nearby locations
- Google map with a few major places indicated, including ICS
- Living in Addis blog
- Edna mall on Facebook
- Edna Mall movie theater listings
- Lafto Center fitness center, pool, mall and supermarket, near ICS
- Ethiopia Hotel Guide
- Community tourism website
- Tesfa Tours
OTHER INFORMATION SITES
- Diplomat Corner - website with ads for houses, vehicles and more
- Living in Addis - an up-and-coming website with lots of information
- LinkUp Addis website and digital event magazine
- "Your complete guide to entertainment, food, art, business and events in Addis Ababa"
- African arts (particularly Ethiopia)
- What's Out:a monthly newsletter which promotes and highlights arts and cultural events in Addis Ababa (available in hard copy at ICS reception)
ICS started a guide to "Living in Addis Ababa", with many useful contacts, tips and advice on topics from health, education and entertainment to shopping and history. It is as up-to-date as possible, but information in Addis is continually changing. Visit the Welcome Guide website.
The best information will come from our current teachers and parents. Once you are a member of the ICS family you can join our closed Facebook group and get that latest on the best restaurants, shopping and places to pick up fresh herbs!