Community is our middle name and we take it seriously! Whether you are a student, parent, employee or alumnus, you are part of the ICS Community. There are many ways to stay connected to ICS and to each other!
"If it wasn’t for ICS and the community, our family wouldn’t have stayed in Ethiopia. The community has been very open and welcoming for our family, especially for my daughter, and we really love it!" - Bob and Noel, ES Parents
There are many ways to get and stay involved. From...
- working with the PCL and attending the monthly coffee mornings ad events,
- to supporting the Booster Club and the monthly Farmers Market,
- to following ICS on social media
- to networking with the ICS community on LinkedIn
- attending school events, such as the Art & Wine reception Spring Festival, International Day
- and participating in Parent-Student-Teacher Conferences, Head of School Parent Forums and the Association General Meetings
However, you want to connect, get involved!
Check out our Welcome to Addis resource site, HERE.
Yale Educator Award 2019
We are pleased to share the news that our HS Counselor Jim Barekman has received a 2019 Yale Educator Award.
The Yale Educator Recognition Program recognizes outstanding educators from around the world who support and inspire their students to perform at high levels and to achieve excellence. Matriculating students are invited to nominate high school educators, and a committee of Yale admissions officers reviews each nomination individually and designates recipients. The Yale Admissions Office attributes the exceptional quality of the Yale student body to educators like these recipients of the 2019 Yale Educator Award, who shape their students long before they attend Yale.
Of this year’s 311 nominees, 55 teachers and 18 counselors were selected to receive the award.
Click here for the full press release.