Cafeteria / Pre-Paid Account
Weekly menu, HERE
To pre-order online, click HERE.
A few quick facts:
- There is a buffet lunch and a snack window.
- All of the food items served in the ICS cafeteria and the snack bar window are peanut-free.
- All food is prepared fresh daily.
- Elementary students must use the prepaid system to pay for lunch.
- Elementary students are not allowed to order lunch from the snack bar window.
- For students who bring their own lunch, microwaves are provided in the cafeteria to heat food. Water is also provided.
- For students who bring their own lunch, please check the lunch box when it returns home and look for any school eating utensils (forks, spoons). Please return any ICS utensils to ICS with your child the next day.
- Parents are welcome to use the ICS cafeteria and seating areas. During lunch students have first priority to service and seating.
A buffet meal includes: soup or salad, meat or vegetarian main course, two side dishes, bread, and dessert.
For more information on the prepaid account system, click HERE.
Prices for Buffet Meal
Grade 3 – Grade 5
Grade 6 – Grade 8
Grade 9 and above (Adult)
Ethiopian (Local) Lunch
- Elementary School Lunch FAQs
- Middle and High School Lunch FAQs
- Lunch on credit policy
- Food Service Provider / Contact
What is the process for students to get their lunch?
- Teaching assistants line the students up and walk to the cafeteria.
- TA’s and students walk up the ramp by the ATM and enter the cafeteria using the side door (fire door).
- Students give their ticket to the cafeteria staff, pickup a tray and their utensils and then proceed to the buffet line that is located in the new “scramble” area. The ‘scramble’ area contains a buffet, cold sandwiches, salad, soup and desserts. Elementary students are only able to take food from the buffet (not sandwiches, etc).
- Once students have their food, they proceed to the folding benches located next to the scramble area. There are not currently assigned grade tables. TAs will regulate the “release” of students as they finish their lunch.
How do ES students pay for lunch?
Elementary students must use the prepaid card system for lunch purchase from the ICS cafeteria. Teaching assistants continue to collect and send the ICS Id cards to the cafeteria for pre-processing in the snack bar area.
What food will be offered in the new cafeteria?
New menu items and prices will be introduced and published in March. As before, the weekly buffet and snack menus will be published on the ICS website, in the Yezare Samint and in the daily bulletin.
When can ES students go to the snack bar?
ES Students can visit the snack bar before or after school The snack bar (outside corner of cafeteria nearest the field ) will eventually serve hot sandwiches w/fries(hamburger, veggie burgers, etc) and snack menu items such as popcorn, pizza and samosas.
Note that Elementary students cannot purchase Snack bar items at lunchtime.
Where will I get my food in the cafeteria for snacks and lunch?
- Students can get lunch from the main cafeteria in the ‘scramble’ area and also from the snack bar.
- The ‘scramble’ area contains a buffet lunch, cold sandwiches, salad, soup and desserts.
- The snack bar area (outside corner, nearest the fields) contains hot sandwiches w/fries like hamburgers, veggie burgers and snack menu items such as popcorn, pizza, samosas.
- Breakfast items and snacks will be served at the snack bar.
- Morning break will be served at the snack bar.
Where will I eat my lunch?
- Middle school students will eat upstairs.
- High school students can eat upstairs or downstairs.
How do I order from the snack bar for lunch?
If you do not want to wait for your food at the snack bar at lunchtime, it is best to pre-order your food. You can pre-order by using your ICS Prepaid account and your mobile OR you can complete the pre-order form and pay at morning snack time. Pre-ordered food can be picked up at the snack bar at the beginning of the lunch period; since the food has already been paid for, there is no wait! The snack bar is open for service from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM and until noon on Saturdays.
How do I eat lunch and pay in the ‘scramble’ area?
1) In the ‘scramble’ area, pick up a tray and go to the food locations. Prices will be posted. Once you have what you want, go pay at the cashier station. Exit the cashier area once you have paid.
2) You must prepay for your lunch before entering the scramble area. Show your ticket in the appropriate food station (buffet, sandwich, salad bar, dessert) to receive your food. Exit the scramble once you have all your food.
What food will be offered in the cafeteria?
There will be a variety of new items. As before, the weekly buffet and snack menus will be published on the ICS website HERE, in the ICS Weekly and in the student daily bulletin.
This policy addresses the issue of students who do not have a home lunch or enough funds in their prepaid account to buy lunch.
ICS will never refuse to provide lunch for a child; no child will go hungry.
For Elementary Students: KG – G5 students with no balance and no home lunch will be allowed to eat the cafeteria lunch and a credit will be noted. Upon 2 credits, parents will receive a notice from the the school that he/she needs to deposit money on the child’s account. Upon 4 credits, the child’s name will be given to the ES Office for follow-up. When money is deposited on the child’s accounts, the credits will be deducted from the balance all at once. Problems that persist will be escalated to the Elementary Principal.
For Middle/High School Students: students with no balance and no home lunch will be allowed to eat the cafeteria lunch two times only and a credit will be noted. Money will need to be deposited into the account immediately.
All parents should provide a mobile number to ICS for the Prepaid Alerts upon a low balance. Parents can send an email to email@example.com or give their number to ICS reception.
Food Service provider:
Addis International Catering ( AIC) will be our student cafeteria service provider for the SY 2018/2019. ICS has entered a contract with AIC since August 2016 to provide students, faculty, staff, parents and visitors with a balanced and attractive variety of safe, tasty, healthy and nutritional snacks and meals.
We are open for any ideas, suggestions and feedback on our cafeteria services. Please use the suggestion box located at the counter of the snack bar area.
For any questions about our cafeteria services, please contact: