Conferences: Pick A Time
The ES Student Led Conference for Elementary School is scheduled to take place on 30 & 31 May
G5 students will not have a conference with their classroom teachers as they will have their Exhibition instead, but parents can still book conferences with the G5 Specialist teachers.
What is Student Led Conference
Student Led Conferences involve the student and the parents. The students are responsible for leading the conference, and also take responsibility for their learning by sharing the process with their parents. The conference involves the student discussing and reflecting upon samples of work that they have previously chosen to share with their parents. These samples have been previously selected with guidance and support from the teacher, and could be from the student's portfolio. (Making the PYP happen: A curriculum framework for international primary education, 2009)
See below for instructions to make your appointments:
- Click on the link https://pickatime.com/ICS-Conference/ES-Conferences-May-2018
- You will need to create an account within the system to schedule a conference if this is your first time.
- To create your account, simply enter your email address, enter your first name, last name, create a password, and Click OK to register.
Once you are registered, you will see the screen to select your child/student. You will need to have your child’s ICS ID card number and his/her birthdate for verification purposes. Follow the instructions on the screen to enter your child and see his/her conference schedule. You can add multiple children on the same screen.
To Schedule a Time:
- Each colored square represents an available meeting time. The legend shows you which teacher corresponds to which color. Click on a square to book that time.
- You will have the choice of setting a time for when you would like a reminder email delivered.
- Click Create Appointment.
- Repeat until you have a time with each teacher you would like to visit.
- At any time, you can click on “printable schedule” and print your conference schedule; you also have the option to email the schedule to yourself.
- If you want to make changes to your schedule, you can log in at any time with the email address and password you used to create your account. Schedule changes can be made up to 2 days prior to the conference.
- Click on “Your Schedule” to display your appointments. There are links to change the time or cancel the appointment.
If you have any questions, please watch the instructional video, click HERE.
Early Dismissal: Thursday 31 May at 11:30 AM (Elementary Students Only)
No Mother Tongue Program on Wednesday 30 May
If you are having difficulties signing up to schedule your conference, please stop by the Elementary Office.